Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 0208 270 4242
Step up as a School Leader
The National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) has developed a range of professional qualifications, which are licensed to different providers nationwide. The suite of programmes forms the Leadership Curriculum. The Leadership Curriculum is designed to support leaders at different stages of their career by offering national qualifications and flexible study modules to middle leaders, senior leaders and those aspiring to headship.
We chose to become a licence-holder of the Leadership Curriculum because of our strong culture of school improvement and professional development at the heart of our organisation. We are passionate about improving schools to ensure that students are able to receive the best education possible. We also believe that teachers should be able to access high-quality professional development that makes a real difference to teaching practice and leadership, enabling teachers to become the best teachers and school leaders they can be.
National Professional Qualifications available
Levels 1 and 2 are currently delivered through the All Saints Teaching School Alliance as a Cluster group on behalf of the Institute of Education UCL.
Our Leadership Curriculum framework
We have given careful consideration to how the Leadership Curriculum should be delivered to ensure that it is the highest quality professional development available for teachers and that learning outcomes have a direct impact on improving schools. As a result, we have developed the following framework for our offer:
• Each session is facilitated by an outstanding practitioner with a strong track record of school improvement and improving outcomes for students.
• Where appropriate, experts and other specialist leaders are invited to deliver short sessions on their areas of expertise to enhance participant knowledge and understanding.
• Cluster groups enable participants to network with others from different schools and Academies giving them the experience of different settings and stimulate ideas and strategic thinking for their own school.
• Participants will be given the opportunities to tour different schools and Academies within the alliance to gather evidence of what they are learning and to observe ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ practice.
• We deliver a significant amount of online learning, which reduces homework and enables participants to dedicate more time to developing their school improvement tasks in their own schools.
• We quality-assure all training sessions to ensure that participants’ learning while on the programme enhances their ability to execute and report on school improvement tasks and to meet the qualification level.
• We provide coaching and mentoring as a feature of the training
Our approach is practical and robust in developing high-performing school leaders. We are proud to be able to provide the support and guidance that individuals need to thrive.
Tel: 0208 270 4242
Fax: 0208 595 4024
Monday to Friday
8.40am - 3.15pm